Wednesday 26 March 2008

The rot has set in


After pride comes a fall....

Having spent the last two weeks being very confident about this whole project (everybody in the building now knows I'm big boned!) I'm now starting to have doubts.

No matter what anybody says to me I am now starting to wonder if I really can do a 10km race!

Three things have caused the doubt:

1 - I sent off the application form yesterday. I've now laid down £12 of my own money (not an easy thing to do for such a penny pincher!) and there's no going back. I'm entered into the Ropley 10km weither I like it or not. They're even going to give me a t-shirt apparently (XXL size of course!)

2 - I had a very hard BMF session last night. I lagged behind the whole time, and I was puffing and panting for ages. No matter how nice anybody was on the session I still know that I was always at the back, and they were always waiting for me. I didn't like that feeling.

3 - I've just put together my running diary for the rest of my time before the race. You can download it here and have a look for yourself. When it's all layed out like that it looks really scary. There's so much to do, and so little time. People in the office as I wrote it will have heard me exclaim "three miles - I can't do that!". Sadly and 10km is just over 6 miles... so I'd better get over that feeling super quick.
Can I call the whole thing off?

Reporter Matt

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are not those of the BBC.